Wednesday 21 September 2016

Gratitude Day 21: Era



Good afternoon everyone and welcome back to day 21 out of the 30 days of gratitude challenge! Today's theme is the era I live in and what makes me grateful for living in this time and age? Do you ever think back to the early colonial days and the things they had or didn't have? I can't imagine living back then but I guess you can only utilize what you have available to you right?




I am so thankful to be able to live in this day and age because we have so many more advances in technology that they didn't back then. Everything seemed more complex and the life expectancy wasn't much past 40 years old. Could you imagine only living to your 40's?  

I'm thankful for women's products that are available to us today that weren't around back then. That time of the month is still a tough time even with the products we have, I can't imagine what it would've been like to live 100 even 200 years ago. I think I would've caused me to drink a lot more than I do if I lived in those days haha.

Even though I love the style of the clothing worn back then, I definitely prefer the clothing today! I mean as a society, we are allowed to get away with wearing little to nothing and back then it was frowned upon. You wouldn't see women out in bikinis or showing their bra straps with a tank top. I'm thankful for leggings, push up bras, flip flops, and pretty much everything that I love to wear that's comfortable.



Technology has come a long way as well! I'm thankful for the quality of the pictures we take; They come out much clearer and sharper versus the cameras that first came out. It's amazing how far we've come with technology and the things we have learned. 

I'm thankful for being able to travel by plane to visit places and to go back home to visit my family. Can you imagine a time where they had no form of air travel? The people back then definitely lost out and were only able to travel by ship. A lot of countries weren't even founded yet. It's interesting to think where we will be in the next 50 - 100 years as a society and the new things that will be around that we have no idea about.

What kinds of things do you think will be around in the future? I'd love to know your opinion so please drop a comment below! Thank you for catching up on my gratitude post! I'm so thankful for all of you out there who show an interest in what I have to say! 

Until tomorrow!

Ashley

4 comments:

  1. great post. i think I would love to go back to the war era. i am obsessed with all things ww2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki! It would be interesting for sure to go back in time to experience the old days but I'm not sure if I'd want to live in those times. Thanks for commenting!

      Ashley

      Delete
  2. This was such an interesting read, it really is amazing how far things have come!
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cara! It's crazy how much technology has come after so many years and where it will be in the future!

      Ashley

      Delete