Sunday 25 September 2016

Gratitude Challenge Day 25: Memories


Hello and welcome back to my 30 days of gratitude challenge! I can't believe that I have been able to post every day so far this month without fail so I'm pretty proud of myself! It's easy to get into a writing routine once you stick to it. Today's theme is all about memories and which memory is my favorite and why I'm grateful for it.




I have so many memories growing up but because I grew up with an older brother we did a lot of things together as kids. My brother loved playing hockey and started playing when he was about 6 or 7 years old. I can remember he would make me be the goalie and would dress me up with a helmet and cushions on my legs and just take shots at me. Sounds nice huh?  He taught me how to ride a bike and I would ride it around the yard and around the house. 

I am very thankful for having a brother to grow up with. I think it taught me how to be tough in a way. Holidays were always fun because we would go trick or treating together and get dressed up and come  back with loads of candy. In the winter time, we would both go outside in the snow and build snow forts and it was a lot of fun. It was nice to have someone there to always do something with and even as we grew up we didn't grow too much apart. 

My brother and I don't always see eye to eye now that we are both adults but I know that we will always be there for each other and that's what family is about. I am thankful to have shared a lot of good memories as well as the not so good ones together growing up. 

I'm thankful for all of the times that we laughed together and cried together.

I'm thankful that you taught me how to do so many things and gave me the inspiration to work hard and earn lots of money.

Thank you for being a role model to my younger self and showing me that I could achieve anything!

Thank you for joining me today! Hopefully it brought you back to some good memories of your own!

Until tomorrow,

Ashley



#30bbdaysofgratitude challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment