Saturday 24 September 2016

Gratitude Day 24: Seasons



Hello all and I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend so far! Today is yet another day of the gratitude challenge, day 24 to be exact. Today I will be talking about which season I'm most grateful for and why.

Growing up and living in New England my whole life I was lucky enough to experience literally ALL four seasons most of the time. The Springtime was mostly wet and dreary, Summers were blazing hot and humid, Autumns were so gorgeous and the leaves would always change to those red, yellow and orange colors, and the winters normally brought tons of snow!

I'm most thankful for Autumn though! There's something about the smell of the air and the leaves falling that gets you so excited about the upcoming holiday months. As a kid, Halloween was always an exciting holiday because I always seemed to know what I wanted to dress up as to go trick or treating. It was usually a witch or a princess, etc. I loved decorating and carving a pumpkin with a scary face on it. I'm thankful for those special memories with my mom as she helped me pick out our pumpkins.




Thanksgiving was another holiday that I used to look forward to. Being American, my family always had large portions of everything you could think of for Thanksgiving dinner. Just thinking about the turkey meal and all of the trimmings makes me excited. I still like to celebrate being thankful because that's what Thanksgiving is all about. I try to not go crazy cooking a ton of food because my husband looks at me like I'm nuts. Plus you have to get a small enough turkey to fit in the English ovens anyway. I'm thankful for all of the memories I had with my family for the past years for Thanksgiving.

There are SO many things I'm thankful for about the autumn season: The fashion, everything pumpkin flavored, being able to bake yummy things and the decorations! I've already started to pick up some Halloween decor because I plan on going all out this year whether we get trick or treaters or not! I'm thankful for the scary movies that are shown on t.v. this time of year. I love the classics like Casper, The Adams Family, Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis, Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Ghostbusters! The list is endless. 



Now you can see why the season I'm most grateful for is Autumn! I'm so excited that it's finally here again and can start going nuts with decorating and baking! I'd love to know which season you're most grateful for so let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!

Ashley


#30bbdaysofgratitude challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment