Thursday 8 September 2016

Gratitude Day 8: Technology


Welcome back everyone for Day 8 of the 30 Days of Gratitude challenge I'm taking part in. Today's theme if you still can't tell by the picture is technology and why I'm thankful for some of the gadgets that I use. This theme is a little different as far as something to be thankful for but why not right?


I am surprised at how fast society has transformed since cell phones were introduced to the world in the mid to late 90's. It seems nowadays everyone and their mother has one and even their toddler is learning to play on them, if they're not damaging them in the process. There are definitely some pros and cons to smart phones but I'm thankful that they exist. Since I became a blogger I can do a blog post straight from my phone instead of having to be at home to use the computer. I'm thankful to have my Iphone because of how accessible things are. I mean seriously who doesn't love snapchat? It's a fun way to see what your friends are up to on a daily basis. When the internet became available on them, holy moly that was so much better then a computer!

I'm thankful for my computer because even though it's not the latest model or the most expensive, it's where I do most of my finances, etc. I'm thankful to use my computer to also e-mail my family and to stay in touch with them. If it wasn't for computers I also wouldn't have met my husband. When people ask us how we met I feel a little ashamed  because I say how we met online and they kind of give me a look like seriously?! I'm thankful to say that I'm very grateful to have met him online because it turned out to be one of the best decisions that I have made.

I'm thankful for the technology in hospitals and dentist offices that helps people with various illnesses or diseases that might not have been around 20 - 30 years ago. The more technology advances more cures will be found and more people will be helped because of it. Why couldn't you be thankful for what technology is available to us today? 

What are some tech gadgets that you use in your life and are you thankful for them? Do you think that we take it for granted? I believe that it's sad when you go out with a friend or family member and they are literally on their phone the whole entire time. I think there's a certain etiquette you should have but maybe technology can be too addictive. Ever since I've started blogging this Summer I've noticed that I can't put my phone down half the time. At the end of the day, I'm thankful for my devices because it allows people to connect with each other no matter the distance and I love it!

Until tomorrow!

Ashley




#30bbdaysofgratitude challenge

2 comments:

  1. Yes I wonder how the world would be without all things you mentioned...my laptop is my everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed technology helps in different ways,all my life (well I'm a bit exaggerating) is in my phone & laptop hh

    todaysouhaila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete