Monday 4 July 2016

Stars and Stripes

Happy 4th of July to all of my fellow Americans out there!


Chloe the American kitty


   ** I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.**

    I remember saying this every single day all throughout my school years. I'm very proud to be American and even though I don't agree with certain things (such as Obamacare, etc) I will always stand behind my country. I understand that everyone has different ethnic and religious backgrounds, and may or may not believe in celebrating holidays but I think it's sad when we can't say that the kids are having a Christmas party at school and it's called a winter themed party instead because it might offend someone. People need to be more respectful of the fact that we all have different opinions and beliefs and to have little things like the name of a party that's supposed to be a celebration be changed is ridiculous. If I was living in another country where they had different beliefs, I wouldn't say that something was offensive because it's how that culture works. If you don't agree with something, then simply don't be a part of it instead of saying that it's offensive to you. 

    I believe that everyone has a right to a better life, but I wish that people would stop using religion as an excuse to change things that aren't harming anyone. Respect the fact that everyone is different. If everyone had the same beliefs and opinions, the world would be a pretty boring place. Since moving to the UK, I've noticed a few similarities here as well. If you live in the UK, have you noticed things being covered up  or changed out of fear in offending someones religion? 

I hope that everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!

Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment