Friday 23 September 2016

Gratitude Day 23: Accomplishments



   Happy Friday everyone and hope you have a wonderful day! Today marks day 23 out of the 30 days of gratitude challenge and it's crazy to think we are close to the end of the month! Today's theme is my greatest accomplishment and how did it make me feel to succeed?

I have accomplished a few things so far in my life that I'm pretty proud of, if I do say so myself. One of my greatest accomplishments is leaving everything I know in America, my family and friends, to start a new life with my husband in England. Now I know that English is the main language in England but it still has it's differences from the U.S. I dropped my job and left my apartment to come and live with my husband which I think says a lot about who I am. I've learned that I can do anything that I want to do including travelling on my own. 

I'm thankful to be able to have had the chance to move to England and hopefully I will be able to remain here with my husband and finally be able to work! 

Travelling alone is exciting and scary all at the same time, let alone going to a different country by yourself. I seemed to always ask myself what if this happens or what if that goes wrong, but honestly it's better to not think about those things only when and if something was to go wrong. It was a little hard for me to leave my family because they were my security blanket in a way.

I'm thankful to have had the courage to live life for myself and nobody else. My family want to see me happy but were sad that I wanted to move away to be with my husband. As long as you are happy with you're decisions, don't listen to anyone who puts your ideas down. I'm happy to be married now to a great person but starting a life here is not easy. The visa process is long and seems endless but I feel like I can fight my way through anything now. 

I'm thankful to have brought my cat with me and it's like I have a little piece of home here.

Thank you for joining me for today's gratitude challenge! Leave me a comment and let me know what your greatest achievement has been in your life! I love hearing what you all have to say. 

Until tomorrow,

Ashley





#30bbdaysofgratitude challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment